Friday, August 14, 2009

Preparing to Succeed

I stepped on the scale the other day and was completely devastated. I've been following the P90X program and currently i'm on week 7.

When I first started the program I weighed 139 lbs. So, here I am half way through the program and i've lost about 4lbs in about 45 days. Not good at all.

So, i've decided to make another commitment come Monday, August 17, 2009. I've been eating somewhat healthy through out the program and that's where the problem is. In order for me to see the results I want and to reach my goal of 125 lbs, my diet has to be top notch.

Come Monday, no more fast food, junk food, soda, juice, cookies, cakes, chocolate, candy or chip. I will continue to take my Free-Day once a week, but even on those days I will not have the items listed above. I know some of you might be thinking that I do not need to completely give up those items and I agree with you... BUT I have to do it. Giving myself restrictions like that is what helps me keep in line. I have the will power to eat one cookie and stop, but that's not the point here.

Come the end of 5wks I don't want there to be any excuse why I didnt' lose these initial 5 lbs. Come the end of 5wks I want to be down to 129lbs without the scale flickering back and forth from 130 to 129.

I've made a calendar for myself to keep track of my workouts and to plan out my dinners. I ordered some P90X protein bars, another tub of the Recovery Drink, I got a bottle of the P90X Slimming formula, I still have about 3wks worth of my chocolate Shakeology (I need to order more). I've made myself an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my calories. I'll be on a 1,800 calorie diet. I've ordered a pill organizer to keep track of when to take my Fish oils, flaxseed oil, CLA and my slimming formula pill.

So, I think i'm set. On Mondy morning I'll weigh in and take my new pictures. I'll post them here to keep track of my progress.

I'll also keep track of my diet here. I'll write down exactly what i'm eating and how many calories i've consumed for that day. I think that's about all for now.

Thank you for reading my post and wish me luck on my 5wk journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment